Tooth-Colored Fillings – Houston, TX
Flawlessly Restore the Look and Function of Your Teeth
According to the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, tooth decay continues to be one of the most prevalent chronic diseases among Americans today. So, if you have one or more cavities that need to be treated, you’re far from alone. Fortunately, you don’t have to use metal fillings in the process. Instead, you can opt for tooth-colored alternatives, which flawlessly restore the look and function of your teeth. To learn more about this popular restorative dentistry treatment, keep reading or get in touch with our team!
Why Choose Bluebonnet Dental For Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Highly Trained, Friendly Dentist
- Sedation Available to Calm Nerves
- Dental Insurance & Financing Welcome
What Is a Tooth-Colored Filling?
Similar to traditional metal restorations, tooth-colored fillings are designed to restore the structure of a damaged tooth. To accomplish this, a malleable and durable material called composite resin is used. Since the shade is meticulously matched to your existing enamel, the restoration is practically invisible, making cavities disappear seamlessly.
The Procedure of Getting a Tooth-Colored Filling
Whether you are getting one filling or several, the first step is always the same: use a local anesthetic to numb the area. From there, our skilled dentist will remove the decayed parts of your tooth, getting rid of all the bacteria and disease in the process. Next, the composite resin will be applied and shaped to perfection before using a special light to harden the material in place. After that, all that’s left to do is ensure your bite feels comfortable and polish it!
The Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Tooth-colored fillings continue to be a popular restorative treatment because:
- They use composite resin. Since this material is available in several lifelike shades, the appearance of your smile can be preserved following your treatment.
- The procedure is less invasive. Not only do tooth-colored fillings better support the remaining tooth’s structure, but they also are smaller and less invasive than traditional metal fillings.
- You don’t have to worry about excessive sensitivity. Although effective, metal fillings come with a number of unpleasant side effects, including increased tooth sensitivity.
- Longevity. With proper care, tooth-colored fillings can last for 10+ years.
Does it sound like tooth-colored fillings in Houston are the solution you’ve been looking for? Do you have more questions about this tooth-saving treatment? Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with our team. From there, we can assess your dental needs and help you take the next step toward a happy, healthy smile.